The Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science is committed to supporting activities that enhance the learning experience of our students. The Visiting Distinguished Speaker Series will stimulate interest and engage students at all levels of their education.
Modest financial support is available for engineering student groups and administrative departments wishing to bring guest speakers to campus to participate in this Speaker Series.
Application procedure for the Visiting Distinguished Speaker Series:
- An Application for funding support must be submitted and will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis;
- Disbursement of funds will occur during both fall and winter terms;
- Expenses covered under this fund include, but are not limited to, transportation, accommodation and refreshments at the event;
- Completed applications must be received no later than 15 days prior to the event.
- A final report must be submitted to the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, Beamish-Munro Hall, 2nd Floor, Rm 200 within 30 days of the event. The report should summarize the event, include copies of media coverage (if applicable), photos if available. A financial statement listing budgeted versus actual figures and receipts for reimbursement.
Click here to access an application form
If you have any questions about completing the application, please contact Karen Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The approval of an application for funding depends upon the availability of funds and the established priority in relation to other requests.
Queen’s University is situated on traditional Anishnaabe and Haudenosaunee Territory.